Who says women can’t grow muscles? And who says having less testosterone prevents muscle growth. Yes, women go through a lot to build muscles since they lack enough testosterone. Even so, female muscle growth is not impossible to achieve. The female muscle growth stories exist to show that muscle building is not limited to men. Building muscles can be a challenge, but with the following 7 tips, you can definitely do it.
7 Ways Women Can Build Muscles
Do you want to do more than toning, get the right curves, gain some muscle and have a chiseled body? Well, you don’t have to starve yourself or do a bunch of cardio. You only need to be focused, lift some weights and consider these brilliant ideas.
Consider Strength Training
First things first, ditch certain exercises like exercising with bosu ball and yoga routines. The second step is to up your game with strength training workouts. Weight lifting will help you strengthen your muscles. Dumbbells, barbells, weight plates and kettlebells are good examples of weights you can use. As you train, your muscles go through tear and wear, therefore, spare some hours and rest. Resting helps the muscles to rebuild themselves.
Go for High-Intensity Training
It’s true that women go for the killer look and not the ‘bulky shape’. Therefore, to get the right shapes, you have to add HIIT to your routines. The weights will only build the muscles but won’t get rid of the fat layer around the muscle tissues. The fatty layer is often the root cause of the bulky look. Integrating high-intensity training will assure you a lean frame and great shapes.
Go harder with the reps
Get out of your comforts zone and do more reps to build more muscles. Increasing the number of reps means more practice, and the harder you go the more strength you get build. Your level of endurance will also improve. Perform quicker but precise repetition. Remember; never compromise your form as you increase the reps.
Kick Start your training with meals rich in Protein
Muscle growth requires proteins such as fish, chicken breast, eggs, and beans. The proteins help repair and build the muscles after a long day of exercising. A recommended intake of protein is, 0.8g of proteins per kg of body weight for lean muscles, and 1.7g-1.8g per kg of body weight for massive muscles.
- Include pre and post workout meals
Female muscle growth will happen fast if some before and after workout meals are included. For pre-workouts, eat meals high in protein and carbs. It will help generate sufficient energy for the exercise. For post-workout, take meals rich in proteins. Your muscles will rebuild fast with high protein meals.
Consider some good supplements
If you want to improve your muscle strength, consider some quality protein or vitamin supplements. Some of the best supplements include whey protein powder, glutamine, vitamin D, creatine and caffeine. Make sure you consult your health specialist before using any of the supplements.
Get sufficient sleep
Yes! Getting enough sleep is very essential. To the female muscle growth animation fans or female muscle growth comics’ fans, kindly, don’t watch the stories and forget to sleep. 7-9 hours of sleep is enough to keep you energetic for the next exercise.
Great Workout for Muscle Growth
The right workouts will get your muscles popping up in no time. Identifying the correct workout is a bit tricky. Therefore, ensure you conduct extensive research to find out the best workout routines for women. Meanwhile, consider the workouts below.
- Leg Workout; Do 3 sets of 12 reps in each of the following; leg press, barbell squats, goblet plie squats.
- Chest & triceps workouts; Do 3 sets of 12 reps in each of the following; incline dumbbell press, side planks, planks, push-ups.
- Shoulders & traps workouts; Do 4 sets of 7 reps in each of the following; overhead barbells, lateral raises plank, dumbbell shrug, barbell row.
- Back & Biceps workouts; Do single arm dumbbell row, standing T-bar row, biceps curl, close grip pull-down, plank up and down.
Things to Consider to Ensure Faster Female Muscle Growth
You have to measure your workouts and ensure they meet a certain muscle building criteria. You can start by having a structured program written down in a log book or whatever you prefer. The program will help you meet your goals. Each time you walk into the gym make sure you;
- Check the type of movements you do (compound movements are better).
- Analyze the total number of sets per exercise and set a goal (the number of reps you plan to achieve).
- Work on the lower body more. It’s good to concentrate more on the lower body than the upper body.
- Check the amount of time you take when resting.
- Check the amount of weight you lift in each session. With a good record of each amount, you can make a good judgment.
- Minimize cardio exercises.
- Try some Hand Weights.
A little spice and a bit of motivation can make the whole muscle building journey smooth. The ‘extra something’ I’m talking about include female muscle growth games, stories, videos, comics, and so on. As much as muscle building is a no joke exercise, a little bit of fun won’t deter your goal. Don’t be a ‘kill’ joy’, spare some time and watch or read something good. Here are a number of stories you can check them out.
- Female muscle growth stories; Girl 2.0 hulks, Muscular Mrs. Jones, The Amazonian Armlet.
- Female muscle growth comics; FMI 8, Female muscle frenzy 6, Mysterious light.
- Female muscle growth games; Ultimate pump, Harley growth game, Female growth simulator.
- Female growth animation; The lab FMG, A welcome expansion, Debbie Moggli.
How long have you been doing muscle building exercise? And how much have you accomplished so far? In your own opinion, what are the best workout routines?